This week on the podcast:
- New Orleans’ tourism economy is on hold and the Convention Center is being used as a makeshift hospital. But that’s not stopping center management from pursuing a controversial new hotel development.
- We’ll get a sense of the economic damage from COVID-19 with Jan Moller of the Louisiana Budget Project.
- The pandemic also has put graduation on hold for high school seniors. What options do they have?
- Later, we’ll hear from hard-hit Oakdale Correctional Center, a federal facility in Louisiana.
- And we’ll hear about concerns in Cancer Alley about the pandemic in an interview with journalist Julie Dermansky.
Behind The Lens is available on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Play and Stitcher. And we now broadcast the show on community radio stations 102.3 FM WHIV LP in Mid-City and 90.3 FM WAMF-LP in the Marigny.