Public records are your window into local government. On Tuesday, March 6, journalists from The Lens will explain how you can use public records to hold your government agencies accountable and how to get those records. This time, we will focus on government spending records, including those at City Hall.
Here’s what you’ll learn:
- How Louisiana’s public records laws work
- What is and, more importantly, what is not included in a government budget
- How to find records related to public contracts, including bids, invoices and checks
- How to find public employees’ salaries
- How to deal with public employees who aren’t experienced with the law
Can’t make it but appreciate what we do? Consider making a gift.
Thank you to our sponsors who help keep event entrance fees minimal: Online Optimism and GNO Inc.
Date: Tuesday, March 6
Time: 6 to 7:30 p.m. (Doors open at 5:30 p.m.)
Location: Propeller, 4035 Washington Avenue (one block off South Broad Avenue)
Questions: Email Anne at amueller@TheLensNola.org.
Open to the public with a suggested donation of $20.