Public records are your window into local government. On Thursday, Jan. 11, journalists from The Lens will explain how you can use public records to hold your government agencies accountable and how to get those records. This time, we will focus on education records, including those at charter schools.
Here’s what you’ll learn:
- How Louisiana’s public records laws work
- How charter schools fit into those laws and who keeps their records
- How to find out what the boards that oversee charter schools do at their meetings
- The types of educational records you can and can’t get, and how to deal with exceptions such as those regarding student privacy
- How to deal with school employees who aren’t experienced with the law
Can’t make it but appreciate what we do? Consider making a gift.
Date: Thursday, Jan. 11
Time: 6 to 7:30 p.m. (Doors open at 5:30 p.m.)
Questions: Email Anne at amueller@TheLensNola.org.
Open to the public with a suggested donation of $20.