This week on Behind The Lens:
- Disagreements between NOLA business leaders and workers intensify amid phase one re-openings. Many staffers are staying home, and so are a lot of their customers.
- Are teachers and students ready for the next school year? Local educators are looking for feedback from families.
- Conflicting accounts from an immigrant detention facility after a crackdown that injured several people. It followed a protest over COVID-19 concerns. We speak with journalist Debbie Nathan on her report for The Lens.
- Also, we’re proud to announce the return of our Section G Project.
- And we talk with Ashlin Parker, Matt Lemmler and John Michael Bradford: three world-class local jazz musicians who are looking to break out of the live stream rut – co-produced by Antje Johnson at NewOrleansLocal.com.
Behind The Lens is available on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Play and Stitcher as well as our partners’ website, NewOrleansLocal.com. And we broadcast the show on community radio stations 102.3 FM WHIV LP in Mid-City and 90.3 FM WAMF-LP in the Marigny.