This week on the podcast:
- Phase one begins in the City of New Orleans as state restrictions ease up. But employers and workers both have to make some tough choices as medical and economic pressures build.
- We hear from one restaurant worker, Jessie Muszynski, who was able to make that choice; others have few options, if any.
- Businessman and former lawmaker Conrad Appel offers his analysis.
- An inmate dies of COVID-19 at Oakdale prison, several weeks after he was approved for early release.
- Henderson Lewis gets a contract extension at OPSB, after all…
- And vocalist Emeka Dibia (@MeccaNotes) on survival and stardom amid the pandemic. Co-produced by Antje Johnson, this is part of our musician interview series, in partnership with NewOrleansLocal.com.
Behind The Lens is available on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Play and Stitcher. We now broadcast the show on community radio stations 102.3 FM WHIV LP in Mid-City and 90.3 FM WAMF-LP in the Marigny. And we link to the show at our new partners’ website, NewOrleansLocal.com.