Parents applying for early-deadline schools through the Recovery School District’s centralized OneApp program may have more time than they realized to finalize the application due Friday.
In a busy week where school performance scores are slated to be released Thursday and as schools prepare to go on winter break, parents must submit applications for early-deadline schools by Friday — but they can reorder the ranking of their choices for another two months.
The early deadline only applies to six programs, listed below, and parents must ensure they apply to those schools by Dec. 18 to remain eligible for enrollment for the 2016-17 school year. Many of the early-deadline schools have foreign language programs and require a skills test.
Families have until the regular deadline of Feb. 26 to re-rank and even add or remove regular deadline schools to their OneApp. They just cannot add additional early-deadline schools, RSD Assistant Superintendent Gabriela Fighetti confirmed.
On Feb. 26, OneApp will use the family’s most current application for their student.
Early deadline schools listed in OneApp’s guide include:
- International School of Louisiana- Camp Street Campus (Spanish)
- International School of Louisiana- Camp Street Campus (French)
- International School of Louisiana- Olivier Street Campus (Spanish)
- Lycée Français de la Nouvelle-Orléans
- International High School: International Baccalaureate Program
- International High School: Immersion Program
Families can expect placement results from the early-deadline and regular deadline schools the week of April 4.